Our red sofas have lived a good life - both were hand me downs when Shawn and I recieved them, and we have lived with them for over a decade each. With the red slipcovers, they were a fun way to put more color in the boring beige apartments. Of course, I never took a formal 'before', but this is a sample of the couch in action:
And here is the 'after', with the new couches from Crate & Barrel. (You can also see the new roman shades I made in the background).
I was worried I would miss the color, but it turns out the white really blends into the room and makes it seem a lot more cohesive - especially since it picks up the white from the dining room.
Between the curtains and the couches, the living room has made a big change over the past year. I made the curtains by piecing together a few do-it-yourself instructions on my great-aunt's antique Singer sewing machine.
Max, of course, was a big help testing out both curtains and couch.