Sunday, September 8, 2013

In search of a grown-up bed

I have never had a bed with a headboard.

Ever.

And after watching the paint wear off the wall in the back of our bed (more painting - yea!) I think we need one.

As a reminder, here is what we are working with in our bedroom: 

 
 
I'm thinking about an iron bed to keep the room open and light - head board only, so we can still move around the end of the bed easily and use it for boring, necessary things like sorting laundry, switching out summer and winter clothes, and storing my work clothes after work until I get motivated to hang them up. 
 
 
I found this on Pinterest, and loved it:

 
 
This one is actually for sale in the US, for a reasonable price:
 
 
 
With a coat of white or silver paint, it is almost identical to the first bed.  What do you think?  Should I go for it?
 
Jess
 



No comments:

Post a Comment